paramiko

Tarun Kapoor tarun.kap at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 13:02:15 EST 2008

On Jan 16, 11:38 am, "Guilherme Polo" <ggp... at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2008/1/16, Tarun Kapoor <tarun.... at gmail.com>:
>

> >     # now, connect and use paramiko Transport to negotiate SSH2 across
> > the connection
> >     sock = socket.socket(socket.AF_INET, socket.SOCK_STREAM)
> >     sock.connect((hostname, port))
>
> >     t = paramiko.Transport(sock)
> >     t.start_client()
> >     key = t.get_remote_server_key()
>
> >     event = threading.Event()
> >     t.auth_password(username=username, password=password, event=event)
> >     event.wait()
>
> >     if not t.is_authenticated():
> >         print "not authenticated"
>
> > output:
> > not authenticated
>
> This is a different problem I guess, now you are usin get_remote_server_key.
> And why are you creating event after calling start_client without
> specifying it ?

> > > You are missing an event.wait() after t.auth_password.
> > > Also, why are you passing this magic value "15" to event.wait() ? That
> > > parameter is passed to class _Verbose to indicate if debug messages
> > > should be displayed or not, so typical values would be 0/1 or
> > > False/True.
>
> > > --
> > > -- Guilherme H. Polo Goncalves
>
> > --
>
> --
> -- Guilherme H. Polo Goncalves

ok here is the problem... I don't know what is the correct way... The
only demos i have from the paramiko library use a hostkeyfile. since i
don't have that i thought i would use the get_remote_key to get the
key and then connect it using the code in the demo.. But clearly
nothing is working...I should not HAVE to use the key since i should
be able to authenticate using the password...

Can you please suggest the right way to go ?

Thanks for your time !