translating Python to Assembler

Marc 'BlackJack' Rintsch bj_666 at gmx.net
Sun Jan 27 07:51:47 EST 2008

On Sun, 27 Jan 2008 10:55:20 +0000, over wrote:

> On Sat, 26 Jan 2008 14:47:50 +0100, Bjoern Schliessmann
> <usenet-mail-0306.20.chr0n0ss at spamgourmet.com> wrote:
>
> The script is essentially gone. I'd like to know how to read the pyc
> files, but that's getting away from my point that there is a link
> between python scripts and assembler. At this point, I admit the code
> above is NOT assembler, but sooner or later it will be converted to
> machine code by the interpreter and the OS and that can be
> disassembled as assembler.

No it will not be converted to assembler.  The byte code is *interpreted*
by Python, not compiled to assembler.  If you want to know how this
happens get the C source code of the interpreter and don't waste your time
with disassembling `python.exe`.  C is much easier to read and there are
useful comments too.

Ciao,
	Marc 'BlackJack' Rintsch