ElementTree should parse string and file in the same way

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Wed Jan 2 09:56:46 EST 2008

Steven D'Aprano wrote:

> Fredrik, if you're reading this, I'm curious what your reason is. I don't
> have an opinion on whether you should or shouldn't treat files and
> strings the same way. Over to you...

as Diez shows, it's all about use cases.

and as anyone who's used my libraries or read my code knows, I'm a big
fan of minimalistic but highly composable object API:s and liberal use
of short helper functions to wire them up to fit the task at hand.

kitchen sink API design is a really bad idea, for more reasons than I
can fit in this small editor window.

</F>