Opening Unicode files

Noorhan Abbas noorhanabbas at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jul 9 06:18:05 EDT 2008

Hello,
I wonder if you don't mind helping me out in this problem. I have been developing a tool in python that opens some unicode files, reading them and processing the data. It is working fine. When I started to write a cgi module that does the same thing for google appengine(actually it is using the same files that I used befoer), I get an error:

f = codecs.open (FileName , 'rU', 'utf-8')

It says that the above functions takes 3 arguments but 4 were given.  I wonder if I need to do something before using the codecs library from within the cgi module?!

Thank you very much for your help,
Nora