win32com ChartObject pythonwin vs idle

sterling sterlingsomers at gmail.com
Wed Jul 30 23:46:26 EDT 2008

I'm curious as to why the difference between IDLE and pythonWin when
using win32com.
opening an excel file, i've attempted to grab the chart information
out of the file.

commands like co = ChartObjects(1)  works in pythonWin but doesn't
work in IDLE.

however, on both co = chartobjects(1) works just fine.

The same goes other things like SeriesCollection()/
seriescollection(1),seriescollection(2)..., Close()/close

Is there any way to fix it such that IDLE works with ChartObject()
too?  I'd really like to be able to use ChartObject().Count() (there
doesn't seem to be an equivalent chartobject.count)

Thanks.