SWIG and char* newb questions :)

code_berzerker emen999 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 29 06:51:36 EDT 2008

Hi i'm relatively new to Python and my C/C++ knowledge is near to
None. Having said that I feel justified to ask stupid questions :)

Ok now more seriously. I have question refering to char* used as
function parameters to return values. I have read SWIG manual to find
best way to overcome that, but there are many warnings about memory
leaks and stuff, so I feel confused.

Ok to put it more simply: how to safely define a variable in Python
and have it modified by C/C++ function?
Even better would be a way to make a tuple of return value and out
parameters, but thats probably a lot more work.

Any hint will be appreciated!