Python Written in C?

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Mon Jul 21 23:47:30 EDT 2008

On 2008-07-22, Larry Bates <larry.bates at websafe.com`> wrote:

> You talk about "writing it in assembly language for each MPU
> chip".  Actually it is even better than that.  We now have
> these modern inventions, called compilers that do that type of
> work for us.  They translate high level instructions, not
> into assembler but into machine language.

Actually, all of the compilers I'm familiar with (gcc and a
handful of cross compilers for various microprocessors)
translate from high-level languages (e.g. C, C++) into
assembly, which is then assembled into relocatable object
files, which are then linked/loaded to produce machine
language.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  "DARK SHADOWS"
                                  at               is on!! Hey, I think