Hi there! I need what is probably a very basic lesson in events....

furby WookieTim at gmail.com
Sun Jul 6 09:18:57 EDT 2008

I am teaching myself Python... I'm nowhere near even intermediate
level yet, so treat me like an idiot. I am using Boa Constructor on
Ubuntu 8.04 if that helps. Here is what I have right now :

I am plying with reading a URL (An RSS feed to be exact) and
displaying it inside a HTMLWindow. I have that part working - It shows
the title as a link and displays the description next to it. What I
want to do is trap the mouseclick on the link and use that to grab
just the text that is on the site. Right now, if I click on it, the
HTML window control takes me to the site and doesn't really show the
site very well, since it doesn't seem to do CSS. That's okay - I just
want to display the text.... How do I trap the mouse clicking on the
link?

I know that HTMLwindow has a "OnLinkClicked" event - I can see it in
the docs for that control. But it seems that Boa Constructor doesn't
expose that event in it's frame designer.... How do I code a event
that fires off instead of the default event?

I don't know if I am being clear enough, so if not just tell me what I
should say... Liek I said, I am a newbie right now.