sage vs enthought for sci computing

jadamwilson2 at gmail.com jadamwilson2 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 16:35:05 EDT 2008

Hello,
I have recently become interested in using python for scientific
computing, and came across both sage and enthought. I am curious if
anyone can tell me what the differences are between the two, since
there seems to be a lot of overlap (from what I have seen). If my goal
is to replace matlab (we do signal processing and stats on
physiological data, with a lot of visualization), would sage or
enthought get me going quicker? I realize that this is a pretty vague
question, and I can probably accomplish the same with either, but what
would lead me to choose one over the other?
Thanks!