SOAPpy WSDL problem: namespace of schema and import match error

Christof Winter winter at biotec.tu-dresden.de
Mon Jul 28 06:32:58 EDT 2008

I am trying to use a webservice with SOAPpy:

import SOAPpy
intact_wsdl = "http://www.ebi.ac.uk/intact/binary-search-ws/binarysearch?wsdl"
intact_serv = SOAPpy.WSDL.Proxy(intact_wsdl)

The resulting error message is posted below. If I understand it right,
XMLSchema.py complains about the imported XSD namespace being the same as the
existing targetNamespace.

Perl and Java have no problems with the WSDL document (see sample code at
http://www.ebi.ac.uk/~intact/devsite/remote/binarysearch_ws.html)

My question:
- Is there a problem with the WSDL file being not valid?
- Is there a problem with the Python SOAP/WSDL implementation?

Any suggestions?

Christof