Testing for connection to a website

Alexnb alexnbryan at gmail.com
Tue Jul 15 15:43:38 EDT 2008

Okay, I already made this post, but it kinda got lost. So anyway I need to
figure out how to test if the user is able to connect to a specific website.
Last time I got pointed to the urllib2 page, but if I do urlopen() and and
am not connected, the program stops. So I don't know if that was what you
guys wanted me to do, but I don't think so, you guys are smarter than that.
So, how can I test for connection to a website.