Trouble with rpdb2 and winpdb debuggers in embedded Python script

Matthew Severin mseverin at bedlamgames.com
Fri Jul 25 12:18:48 EDT 2008

Having some trouble getting rpdb2 and winpdb running properly with
Python embedded in a C++ project.

Our implementation has a number of C++ classes associated with Python
classes.

I am able to attach to the embedded script with the debugger and the
program freezes and waits.  However, when I step, next or go with the
debugger, it instantly gives control back to C++ and doesn't step nicely
through the python.

Similarly, if I set a breakpoint, the program pauses momentarily but
then doesn't break properly in the debugger.

Just wondering if anyone had encountered anything similar, or had an
idea what we are doing wrong.

Thanks,
Matt