Execution speed question

Suresh Pillai stochashtic at yahoo.ca
Tue Jul 29 11:25:36 EDT 2008

On Mon, 28 Jul 2008 16:48:28 +0200, Suresh Pillai wrote:

> Okay, please consider this my one absolutely stupid post for the year.
> I'd like to pretend it never happened but unfortunately the web doesn't
> allow that.  Having never used sets, I unfort read something that lead
> to it, but ...

Okay, got some sleep and what I meant to ask, although equally basic, but
not silly:

For sets, I presume they are built on top of or like dicts, and there is
nothing crazy in the low level implementation so that I can be guaranteed
that if I don't alter the set, then the order, although arbitrary, will
be maintained in successive iterations over the contents?