Pickle and wx.TextCtrl

DWebre at dotd.la.gov DWebre at dotd.la.gov
Thu Jul 17 08:40:29 EDT 2008

D. J. Webre, Jr. PE & PLS

             "Gabriel
             Genellina"
             <gagsl-py2 at yahoo.                                          To
             com.ar>                   python-list at python.org
             python-list-bounc
             es                                                    Subject
             +djwebre=dotd.la.         Re: Pickle and wx.TextCtrl
             gov at python.org

             07/11/2008 10:51
             PM

Thanks for the response.

En Fri, 11 Jul 2008 10:15:36 -0300, <DWebre at dotd.la.gov> escribió:

> Trying to read a pickled file and list contents.
>
> The attached program works using pprint, but I want to write to my frame.
> WriteText only produces half of the records.
> What is happening?

What do you mean by "only produces half of the records"?

Write Text list records from "Assignment" to "Report"
pprint list records from "Assignment" to "Report" and continues to
"TaskWeek", about twice as many records

Probably your problem has nothing to do with a TextCtrl - ensure you can
save and load your data with a simple, console-based script, and only then
write the GUI.
The way you read the file is rather strange -mixing calls to readline and
pickle.load- I'd write the data using pickle.dump calls *only* and then
read it using pickle.load calls *only*.

I used 13.1.7 Example of the Python Library Referencebut.  Got an error
message when I did not have the readline() statement.

Additional ideas will be appreciated.
--
Gabriel Genellina