pci card adjusting

Oguz Yarimtepe comp.ogz at gmail.com
Thu Jul 24 10:54:50 EDT 2008

Hi all,

I need to adjust the dimming property of my video card. There is
currently a written application called nvclock but it is not
supporting my card right now. So i need to implement the requiered
register jobs on the card. This is already done to a degree in C. But
i don't want to dive in to the C code right now.

I prefer Python so may i implement such a feature by Python? Is there
any library that i can use inside Python to get or set some register
values of my pci card. Some memory stuff might be necessarry, i dont
know yet how to implement the dim feature for my card. But till i
observe the code, pmc smartdim offset, smartdim mask and shift amount
is used for such a thing. These are vendor spesific values and lets
imagine i have these values now. What is the next movement or any
suggestions about this issue?

--
Oğuz Yarımtepe
www.loopbacking.info