Amazon: "Practical Django Projects" by James Bennett (June 2008)

Torsten Bronger bronger at physik.rwth-aachen.de
Thu Jul 17 08:26:44 EDT 2008

Hallöchen!

bruno.desthuilliers at gmail.com writes:

> On 16 juil, 10:35, Stefan Scholl <ste... at no-spoon.de> wrote:
>
>> Dave U. Random <anonym... at anonymitaet-im-inter.net> wrote:
>>
>>> http://snipr.com/PracticalDjango
>>
>> June 2008 is a bit too early. Django isn't ready.
>
> Oh, really ? Too bad. But, wait... If Django isn't ready, what's
> that framework I've been using for almost three years now, then
> ???

Before writing sarcastic comments, reading the thread would be
really polite.

As far as versioning is concerned, Django's policy is that "1.0"
equals "API is frozen".  And I consider publishing a book four
months before the API is polished bad timing, too.  Especially
because Django is exquisitely documented on its webpage, so there is
no urgent need for it.

I thought about buying a Django book, too.  I'm happy to have
delayed it, for the same reason Stefan mentioned.

Tschö,
Torsten.

                   Jabber ID: torsten.bronger at jabber.rwth-aachen.de