Win32.client, DAO.DBEngine and exceeding the file sharing count lock

Iain King iainking at gmail.com
Wed Jul 2 10:11:51 EDT 2008

Hi.  I'm using the win32 module to access an Access database, but I'm
running into the File Sharing lock count as in http://support.microsoft.com/kb/815281
The solution I'd like to use is the one where you can temporarily
override the setting using (if we were in VB):

DAO.DBEngine.SetOption dbmaxlocksperfile,15000

Can I do this in win32com?  I've been using ADO, not DAO, but I have
to confess to not knowing exactly what the difference is.  I set up my
recordset thusly:

rs = win32com.client.Dispatch(r'ADODB.Recordset')

can I jigger it to increase it's max locks?

Iain