Case tagging and python

bearophileHUGS at lycos.com bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Thu Jul 31 07:13:35 EDT 2008

Fred Mangusta:
> Could I use the join function to reform the string?

You can write a function to split the words, for example taking in
account the points too, etc.

> And, regarding the casetest() function, what do you suggest to do?

Python strings have isupper, islower, istitle methods, they may be
enough for your purposes.

> -open input file
> -open output file
> -get line of text
>         -split line into words
>         -for each word
>                 -tag = checkCase(word)
>                 -newword = lowercase(word) + append(tag)
>         rejoin words into line
>         write line into output file

It seems good. To join the words of a line there's str.join. Now you
can write a function that splits lines, and another to check the case,
then you can show them to us.

Yet, I don't see how much use can have your output file :-)

Bye,
bearophile