Fwd: [ANN] Babel 0.9.3 released
Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven
asmodai at in-nomine.org
Thu Jul 10 19:50:45 CEST 2008
----- Forwarded message from Christopher Lenz <cmlenz at gmx.de> -----
From: Christopher Lenz <cmlenz at gmx.de>
To: python-babel at googlegroups.com
Cc: cldr-users at unicode.org
Subject: [ANN] Babel 0.9.3 released
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 11:26:23 +0200
X-Mailer: Apple Mail (2.926)
Babel 0.9.3 - Jul 9, 2007
We're proud to present the latest release of the Babel: 0.9.3.
Babel is a Python library that provides an integrated collection of
utilities that assist with internationalizing and localizing Python
applications (in particular web-based applications.)
This release contains a number of bugfixes over the 0.9.2 release.
You can download the new release here:
Please don't hesitate to report any issues you may find with this
For questions, comments and user discussions, please use the Babel
* Fixed invalid message extraction methods causing an
* Extraction method specification can now use a dot instead of the
colon to separate module and function name (ticket #105).
* Fixed message catalog compilation for locales with more than two
plural forms (ticket #95).
* Fixed compilation of message catalogs for locales with more than
two plural forms where the translations were empty (ticket #97).
* The stripping of the comment tags in comments is optional now and
is done for each line in a comment.
* Updated to CLDR 1.6.
* Fixed timezone calculations when formatting datetime and time
* Added a `get_plural` function into the plurals module that returns
the correct plural forms for a locale as tuple.
* Added support for alias definitions in the CLDR data files, meaning
that the chance for items missing in certain locales should be greatly
reduced (ticket #68).
A big thank you to everyone who tried Babel and provided feedback,
reported bugs, and/or contributed patches!
cmlenz at gmx.de
----- End forwarded message -----
Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven <asmodai(-at-)in-nomine.org> / asmodai
イェルーン ラウフロック ヴァン デル ウェルヴェン
http://www.in-nomine.org/ | http://www.rangaku.org/ | GPG: 2EAC625B
No man is good enough to govern another man without the other's consent...
More information about the Python-list