Function References

squishywaffle at gmail.com squishywaffle at gmail.com
Thu Jul 31 10:15:20 EDT 2008

> Ctypes is a since python2.5 built-in module that allows to declare
> interfaces to C-libraries in pure python. You declare datatypes and
> function prototypes, load a DLL/SO and then happily work with it. No C, no
> compiler, no refcounts, no nothing.
>
> And you can pass python-functions as callbacks.

The first sentence (and some really crummy licensing restrictions
imposed by the library distributor) alone here excludes this as a
valid option for this particular case, I definitely need Python 2.4
support.

So the question comes back around to being how is this same desired
behavior duplicated in the Python/C API?