perl + python tutorial available for download

Ben Bullock benkasminbullock at gmail.com
Tue Jul 1 08:02:24 EDT 2008

On Mon, 30 Jun 2008 17:44:13 +0000, Jürgen Exner wrote:

> Xah <xahlee at gmail.com> wrote:
>>my perl and python tutorial
>>
>>http://xahlee.org/perl-python/index.html
>>
>>is now available for download for offline reading.
>
> Why anyone would have the idea to mix two different langauges in one
> tutorial is beyond me.

It's an interesting idea to present two or more languages in parallel -
it would assist someone going "sideways" from one language to another.

> And calling that web page a tutorial is a large stretch of imagination.
> It is a random collection of primitve code samples, organized roughly by
> area. No learning goals, no explanation of concepts, ...

I'm a big fan of code samples - most of my code starts as other people's
code samples.

> Apparently you changed your ID to escape all the filters you have been a
> permanent guest to. This 'tutorial' confirms that this is the best place
> for you. So back you go again.

I'm not interested in Xah Lee's tutorials enough to check whether they're
any good or not, but he does have some interesting things to say about
Emacs.