Email Validation with domain

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au
Wed Jul 2 09:25:24 EDT 2008

Sallu <praveen.sunsetpoint at gmail.com> writes:

> validateEmail(msg)  i wrote a script above it works fine

Actually, no. It rejects a great many email addresses that are valid.

> but it does not check for valid domain like .com .org .in how to
> validate with domain

To validate a domain for delivery of email, check with the DNS by
requesting the A or MX record for that domain.

To validate an email address, check with the mail server for that
domain by sending a message to the address.

Neither of them should be "validated" by a regular expression.

Please refer to RFC 3696 <URL:http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3696.txt>
described as "Recommended techniques for applications checking or
manipulating domain and other internet names".

--
 \        “Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?” “Wuh, I think |
  `\   so, Brain, but wouldn't anything lose its flavor on the bedpost |