Python Written in C?

Peter Anderson peter.anderson at internode.on.net
Mon Jul 21 01:14:32 EDT 2008

 > Bah, new-fangled languages like Pascal... Real programmers write
Fortran. Using punch-cards and paper-tape. Real programmers can edit
their programs with a pointy stick and some home-made sticky-tape. --
Grant Edwards

Reminds me of a funny story from my past working life. I had this fibre
tipped pen, given to me as a freebie by some computer company. The pen
had something like "Floppy Disk Pen" printed down the barrel. A
colleague who was more into IT management than programming or hands-on
support picked it up at a meeting and said something like - "That's
interesting, what's it for?" Seeing an opportunity I replied "Its a new
bit of technology that allows you to write directly to your floppy disks
when you are away from your computer!" "What a great idea!" he replied
in all seriousness!

Maybe our friend could find one to code C# with! ;-)

Peter
--

Peter Anderson

There is nothing more difficult to take in hand, more perilous to
conduct, or more uncertain in its success, than to take the lead in the
introduction of a new order of things — Niccolo Machiavelli, /The
Prince/, ch. 6