trying to match a string

Andrew Freeman alif016 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 20 13:14:13 EDT 2008

John Machin wrote:
> On Jul 20, 11:14 am, Andrew Freeman <alif... at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> John Machin wrote:
>>

>> (4) I highly doubt that this code was actually to be used in an
>> interactive session,
>>

> The offending code is a nonsense wherever it is used.
>

>> the False/True output was truncated intentionally,
>>

> What meaning are you attaching to "truncated"?

I'm attaching the meaning of "deleted the line (manually (not in
python))" to truncated, I'm actually using ipython, but though it would
be a good practice to type it out as if it come from the standard
interpretor. I also though it would be OK to leave out some output which
I considered unnecessary.