Not entirely serious: recursive lambda?

Cameron Simpson cs at zip.com.au
Sun Jul 27 19:10:58 EDT 2008

On 20Jul2008 00:08, Kay Schluehr <kay.schluehr at gmx.net> wrote:
| > Google was not my friend on this one, and I suspect there is no
| > answer.
|
| Even the Great Google can't help if you don't use the right
| keywords ;)

Actually, I was shown an useful Google search syntax the other day:

Searching for:

  foo

looks just for "foo", but searching for:

  ~foo

matches similar words.

This came up in a discussion of web sites that use badly chosen keywords (the
NSW Police gun licensing information talks only about "firearms", making it
surprisingly hard to find; not that I have or want a gun license, but it was
the example discussed).

Cheers,
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

Humans are incapable of securely storing high quality cryptographic
keys and they have unacceptable speed and accuracy when performing
cryptographic operations.  (They are also large, expensive to maintain
diffcult to manage and they pollute the environment.) It is astonishing
that these devices continue to be manufactured and deployed. But they
are suffciently pervasive that we must design our protocols around
their limitations.      - C Kaufman, R Perlman, M Speciner
                          _Network Security: PRIVATE Communication in a
                           PUBLIC World_, Prentice Hall, 1995, pp. 205.