Zipping files

Tim Golden mail at timgolden.me.uk
Tue Jul 15 12:35:40 EDT 2008

dp_pearce wrote:
> When I saw "Permission denied", this was my suspicion. And I think you
> are very right. I have just gone back and tried writing to a file
> outside of C:, in this case C:/output/, and it seems to work again.
>
> Would I be right in guessing there is no way around this?

Well, you could (presumably) alter your own user's
groups / rights and/or the permissions on the root
of the C: drive so that you *can* zip to that location.

On the other hand, chucking random stuff into the
root of the system drive has never been considered
a brilliant idea. (Altho' I know a lot of people
who do it :) ). Why not create a suitable folder
lower down, or in your own %APPDATA% area, or using
the tempfile module, depending on your needs?

TJG