Web Server

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Mon Jul 21 03:17:55 EDT 2008

James Tanis wrote:

>> there's also apache, of course, and a bunch of others, including several
>> Python solutions (more or less pre-packaged).  but the "open up" part
>> still sounds a bit risky.  maybe you could turn things around, and let
>> the application "push" data to your server instead?
>
> Either way requires an open port, otherwise there's no way to negotiate new
> clients.

The scenario I had in mind was rather to make his application the client
for an external server, instead of using some external client to connect
to someone's PC over HTTPS.  That wouldn't need an open server port on
the client; any Comet-style protocol would work.

But at this point, only the OP knows enough about his application to be
able to figure out if that's a usable approach.

</F>