python scalability

Gerhard Häring gh at ghaering.de
Fri Jul 11 08:48:00 EDT 2008

Tim Mitchell wrote:
> Thanks for all the replies - they have all been helpful.
>
> On reflection I think our problems are probably design and people related.

I strongly agree. "Scalability" is becoming a buzzword lately, which is
meaningless unless qualified what exactly is meant.

It's overused wrt technologies, programming languages, tools, etc.

But in other interesting areas people think much less about "scalability".

Will the current software development process work with a team of 5, 10,
20, 50 team members? Does it "scale" here?

Will the software development process still work with an increased
turnover rate? Does it "scale"?

Will the way of doing things still work with an increasingly aging codebase?

-- Gerhard