Python / PAMIE

frankrentef frankrentef at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 24 12:09:12 EDT 2008

On Jul 24, 10:45 am, Tim Golden <m... at timgolden.me.uk> wrote:
> frankrentef wrote:
> > THNX for your response.  Based on the authors code it's very simple.
>
> > from cPAMIE import PAMIE
> > ie=PAMIE ()
>
> > #ie.navigate ("google.com")
>
> > #ie.linkClick
> > #ie.textBoxSet
> > #ie.writeScript
>
> > ie.navigate ('https://login.yahoo.com/config/mail?.intl=us')
> > #ie.scriptWrite ()
>
> > ie.scriptWrite()
>
> > Below is the error I get...
>
> >  File "C:\Python24\lib\site-packages\cPAMIE.py", line 1837, in
> > scriptWrite
> >     nameProp = getattr(x,"nameProp")
> >   File "C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\win32com\client\dynamic.py",
> > line 500, in __getattr__
> >     raise AttributeError, "%s.%s" % (self._username_, attr)
> > AttributeError: <unknown>.nameProp
>
> I'm afraid I'm no IE expert (read: never use it if I can
> avoid it) but I suspect here a combination of slightly
> flaky code in the Python module plus, maybe, a change in
> the IE dom object model.
>
> If you change lines 1832-1836 of cPAMIE.py to be as follows:
>
> <patch>
>             for j in range(doc.length):
>                 x = doc[j]
>                 etype = getattr(x,"type", "")
>                 name = getattr(x,"name", "")
>                 nameProp = getattr(x,"nameProp", "")
>
> </patch>
>
> then at least some kind of output is produced. But I'm
> not entirely sure what this function is trying to achieve
> so I don't guarantee it's doing the right thing yet.
>
> TJG- Hide quoted text -

The idea is to run through a given url, detect any "form fields" that
require populating and build a script listing the field names, etc.
From there a PAMIE user can take the script returned and build a test
case.  In other words the user does not have to search through the
HTML code for all the field names (blanks) radio button names, etc.

It works "great" on the video tutorial but dang if I or any of our
senior guys can get it to work here in house.  THNX for input, we'll
give it a try.