importing from .pyd

Kay Schluehr kay.schluehr at gmx.net
Mon Jul 14 07:11:03 EDT 2008

On 14 Jul., 06:03, moijes12 <moije... at gmail.com> wrote:
> hi
>
> there is a .pyd file present in the same folder as the script abc.py
> by the name foo.pyd .I don't have foo.py .In the script abc.py I try
>
> import foo
>
> Error i get is
> ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified module could not be found.

It looks like the module that was accessed is either corrupt
( unavailable entry point ) or it contains dependencies to other
modules which are not available.

At least the latter can be checked without access to the source using
the DependencyWalker:

http://www.dependencywalker.com/

Notice that the message clearly indicates that Python found the module
but failed to load it i.e. performing a LoadLibrary() which yielded a
NULL pointer.