Website Creation using Python

alex23 wuwei23 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 22 01:06:49 EDT 2008

On Jul 22, 12:44 am, Amie <sthembileng... at gmail.com> wrote:
> I would like some help on how to create a website using the python
> programming language.
> I've tried using enamel, but had some problems because I could not
> create html tables and intergrating it with python, like you use it
> when coding in php.

If you're familiar with the PHP approach and are planning on using
Apache, you might find mod_python and Python Server Pages more
accessible:

* http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mod_python
* http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/python/2004/02/26/python_server_pages.html

There are a *lot* of web frameworks for Python (I hadn't even heard of
Enamel prior to your post) which provide varying degrees of support
and ease of use, there's a nice overview here:

* http://wiki.python.org/moin/WebFrameworks

Django does seem to be leading in terms of popularity atm. Having
developed an application in TurboGears, I can testify that having a
large user base to draw support help from can be -very- handy.

Hope this helps.

- alex23