Attack a sacred Python Cow

Torsten Bronger bronger at physik.rwth-aachen.de
Sat Jul 26 17:49:29 EDT 2008

Hallöchen!

Terry Reedy writes:

> Torsten Bronger wrote:
>
>> D'Arcy J.M. Cain writes:

>>> Isn't this a showstopper all by itself?
>>
>> Yes.  But I've seen no code that uses some other word.
>
> There is a lot of code you have not seen.  Really.  In informal
> code I use 's' and 'o' for 'self' and 'other'.  I don't usually
> post such because it is not considered polite.  So you have seen a
> biased sample of the universe.

I didn't say that no code breaks, nor that I've analysed more than
0.1% of the global Python code.  But still, this doesn't convice me.
I still think that only a very small fraction of Python code would
break.  Since no one can make a global analysis, it is more sensible
to compare it with the amount of code broken by Python 3.0 in my
opinion.

Tschö,
Torsten.

                   Jabber ID: torsten.bronger at jabber.rwth-aachen.de