Python Written in C?

Tue Jul 22 21:36:39 EDT 2008

Erik Max Francis wrote:
> Ethan Furman wrote:
>
>> Iain King wrote:
>>> The story of a Real Programmer:
>>> http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/mel.html
>>> Iain
>>
>> Wow.  Awesome story.
>
> If my google-fu is up to snuff, these are "screenshots" (scans of
> printouts) of the actual blackjack game in operation:
>
>     http://wps.com/projects/LGP-21/Software/LGP30-Blackjack1.jpg
>     http://wps.com/projects/LGP-21/Software/LGP30-Blackjack2.jpg
>
> and here's a scan of a printout of some "source code" (machine language):
>
>     http://wps.com/projects/LGP-21/Software/CrapGame.tiff

The high school I went to had an LGP-30, and I learned to program on it.
Rumor had it that a student from two years before me used to work late
in the lab, and allow the janitors to play blackjack, and it is further
rumored that he made a bit of money leaning on the transfer control
button.

--Scott David Daniels
Scott.Daniels at Acm.Org