About wmi

Tim Golden mail at timgolden.me.uk
Wed Jul 16 03:29:45 EDT 2008

patrol wrote:
>> http://timgolden.me.uk/wmi-project/wmi.py
>
> It cannot work either.

Oh well. It was only a quick fix! I'll try
to get some kind of non-ASCII edition of Windows
to test against. As I understand it, the situation
is that some WMI exception (ie coming from the
underlying WMI/COM subsystem) results in an error
message which contains non-ASCII characters.

Just so I'm not chasing red herrings, could you
paste the output from the following code, please?

<code>
import wmi # use the version linked above

c = wmi.WMI ("non-existent computer")

#
# Should give a traceback here for the DCOM
# error, not a UnicodeDecodeError.
#
</code>

Thanks