ActiveState Code (the new Python Cookbook) has been launched

Trent Mick trentm at activestate.com
Mon Jul 28 12:55:49 EDT 2008

Nick Craig-Wood wrote:
> Trent Mick <trentm at activestate.com> wrote:
>>  I happy to announce that ActiveState Code has been taken out of beta.
>>  This is the new site replacing the ASPN Cookbooks -- in particular the
>>  Python Cookbook.
>>
>>     http://code.activestate.com/
>
> Looks great and much faster than the old site!

Thanks!

> Mind telling us how it is implemented?  I'm guessing python/django by
> the url and the fact that you have python stuff on your home pages but
> I could be wrong!

Yup, it is a Django-based site -- a pleasure to work with, that. Using
django-tagging, django-template-utils & universal feedparser (for
hooking in Atom content for News section on home page), django-voting,
python-markdown2 (for rendering comments, discussion/descriptions),
recaptcha-client (for feedback when not logged in), pygments (for syntax
coloring).

I've just submitted the site to http://www.djangosites.org/

I hope to do some blog posts about some parts of the site soon and
release the small re-usable "feedback" app I've put together for getting
feedback on the site.

Cheers,
Trent

--