Attack a sacred Python Cow

Bruno Desthuilliers bdesth.quelquechose at free.quelquepart.fr
Sun Jul 27 14:37:30 EDT 2008

Lawrence D'Oliveiro a écrit :
> In message
> <43d32584-e762-4578-82d9-0d4395bb4138 at k36g2000pri.googlegroups.com>,
> s0suk3 at gmail.com wrote:
>
>> "Support OO but it doesn't have to"? That sounds like saying that in
>> some Python implementations you'll be able to use OO, but that you
>> just might bump into a Python distribution ...
>
> Change "distribution" to "program" and you're on the right track.

Since just everything that can be bound to a name is actually an object,
I don't see how you could do anything in Python without using objects.

Now if what you meant is that nothing in Python forces you into
designing your program the OO way, then Java is not an OOPL neither
(never seen a Java program where you have classes with only static
methods and classes with only public attributes - IOW, functions and
structs ?).