Continuous integration for Python projects

Sion Arrowsmith siona at chiark.greenend.org.uk
Tue Jul 29 12:26:31 EDT 2008

Diez B. Roggisch <deets at nospam.web.de> wrote:
>Hussein B wrote:
>> Please correct my if I'm wrong but it seems to me that the major
>> continuous integration servers (Hudson, CruiseControl, TeamCity ..)
>> don't support Python based application.
>> It seems they mainly support Java, .NET and Ruby.
>> Can I use one of the previous listed servers for Python project?
>Hudson can, and AFAIK CC as well - they only invoke shell-scripts (at least
>hudson does, and CC you can convince doing that using ANT)

You can definitely set up CruiseControl to handle Python, but don't
ask me for details as it was a couple of years and a change of job
ago. I seem to remember it being easier when CC was driving make,
but we had makefiles in any case for building the extension modules
needed -- writing a makefile from scratch might be a bit much.

--
\S -- siona at chiark.greenend.org.uk -- http://www.chaos.org.uk/~sion/
        -- Arthur C. Clarke