We programming

D'Arcy J.M. Cain darcy at druid.net
Mon Jul 28 14:19:48 EDT 2008

On Tue, 29 Jul 2008 02:00:54 +0800
"Marcus.CM" <marcus at internetnowasp.net> wrote:
> I hope this doesnt invite flames.....but for webpages i suggest stick
> with php...

Oh, come on.  You're just asking for it.  :-)

[Turns flame thrower to low setting]

OK, here is why I don't like PHP.  When I am creating dynamic web
content, chances are that it is part of a larger system.  I may have
command line utilities, server software and cron jobs all working on
the same (usually database backed) systems.  As a result it is really
convenient to be able to reuse modules.  Python gives me that quite
easily.  PHP, not so much.  I am not going to write a server in PHP,
for example.

I also don't much care for PHP as a language anyway but that's actually
a secondary consideration.

I'll go put on my flame-retardent underwear now.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy at druid.net>         |  Democracy is three wolves