Strange bug doesn't occur in Pydb

kj socyl at 987jk.com.invalid
Wed Jun 11 17:49:16 EDT 2008

I'm running into a strange seg fault with the module cjson.  The
strange part is that it does not occur when I run the code under
Emacs' Pydb.

Here's an example:

import sys, cjson

d1 = {'a': 1, 'b': 2, 'c': 3}
print sys.version
j1 = cjson.encode(d1)
print j1   # should print the string '{"a": 1, "c": 3, "b": 2}'

The code above runs fine under Pydb, but segfaults at the call to
cjson.encode when I run it from the command line in a standard
Linux shell interaction.  In the printed version strings are
identical.

I figure this must be a bug in cjson.  I'd love to find a workaround
for it, and hope that this strange difference between Pydb and the
shell command line may be a clue to that.

Any thoughts?

TIA!

kynn