Why does python not have a mechanism for data hiding?

Antoon Pardon apardon at forel.vub.ac.be
Wed Jun 4 02:41:44 EDT 2008

On 2008-06-03, Lie <Lie.1296 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Python has an extremely good design because the BDFL doesn't just
> listen to everyone and create a product that tries to please
> everybody, no, he listens to those that have good ideas and tells the
> stupid ideas to go away and he applies a subjective decision which
> more often than not leads to a better python.

I agree that Guido van Rossum has done an excellent job. That doesn't
mean he has to be painted as unfailable in which the ideais he accepts
are good ideas and those he rejects are bad ideas almost by definition.

Guido has been known to change his mind, which is an admirabele quality,
but it does show that at some point he rejected a good idea or accepted
a bad idea.

--
Antoon Pardon