problems with opening files due to file's path

Mike Driscoll kyosohma at gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 15:27:09 EDT 2008

On Jun 10, 1:57 pm, Alexnb <alexnbr... at gmail.com> wrote:
> That would work, but not for what I want. See the file could be anywhere on
> the user's system and so the entire path will be unique, and that didn't
> work with a unique path. What is the subprocess module you are talking
> about?

<snip>

As Carsten pointed out, we don't really know what you're doing. Or at
least, I don't. Why do you even want to do string substitution? How
does the user navigate to the files that the user wants to open? Are
you using a GUI or a command line interface?

Anyway, Google is your friend. Searching for "python subprocess" gives
you this:

http://docs.python.org/lib/module-subprocess.html

Mike