Importing module PIL vs beautifulSoup.

bsagert at gmail.com bsagert at gmail.com
Wed Jun 18 13:10:17 EDT 2008

I downloaded BeautifulSoup.py from http://www.crummy.com/software/BeautifulSoup/
and being a n00bie, I just placed it in my Windows c:\python25\lib\
file. When I type "import beautifulsoup" from the interactive prompt
it works like a charm. This seemed too easy in retrospect.

Then I downloaded the PIL (Python Imaging Library) module from
http://www.pythonware.com/products/pil/. Instead of a simple file that
BeautifulSoup sent me, PIL is an .exe that installed itself in c:
\python25\lib\site-packages\PIL\. However it won't load by typing
"import pil".

I know I am supposed to RTFM, but a Google search has not led to the
holy grail that Monty Python found. I realize that PIL is a package as
opposed to a simple script (and it does not include a readme file).
Thanks in advance for any help.