Python CGI Upload from Server Status

Derek Tracy tracyde at gmail.com
Fri Jun 6 08:50:31 EDT 2008

I am trying to create a simple python cgi app that allows the user to kick
off an ftp from the server the cgi is on to another server; I have that
piece working using ftplib but since the files in question are usually very
large (500mb to 2gb) in size I want to be able to display some sort of
status to the user, preferrably a progress bar of some sort.

I have been scouring the internet for 2 days and have not came across a
solution.  I am unable to add modules that are not standard python modules
(security restrictions), and have tried doing a page refresh meta tag and
just have the cgi keep adding information to the page, but that doesn't seem
to work.  Does anybody have any ideas as to how I can attack this issue?

--
Derek Tracy
tracyde at gmail.com