how should i use this function?

alex23 wuwei23 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 20:18:47 EDT 2008

On Jun 5, 4:14 am, Gandalf <goldn... at gmail.com> wrote:
> I tried to import win32ui.PyCRichEditCtrl, But the shell told me
> their's no such module.
>
> If anyone  can show me an example it would be great

For starters, you're looking at the documentation for ActivePython 2.2
rather than 2.5.

Do you know about pythons introspective abilities? That you can find a
list of available methods & objects by doing 'dir(win32ui)' in the
interpreter?

Having said that, here's how to get a PyCRichEditCtrl object:

ActivePython 2.5.1.1 (ActiveState Software Inc.) based on
Python 2.5.1 (r251:54863, May  1 2007, 17:47:05) [MSC v.1310 32 bit
(Intel)] on win32
>>> import win32ui
>>> rec = win32ui.CreateRichEditCtrl()
>>> type(rec)
<type 'PyCRichEditCtrl'>

It's worth noting that win32ui is basically just a wrapper around the
Microsoft Foundation Classes, so you'll need to look through the MFC
documentation rather than that of the wrapper.

This might help get you started: http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/python/excerpts/chpt20/pythonwin.html