Making wxPython a standard module?

Diez B. Roggisch deets at nospam.web.de
Sat Jun 14 13:28:01 EDT 2008

Andrea Gavana schrieb:
> Hi Diez & All,
>
>> And on a personal note: I find it *buttugly*.
>
> Do you mind explaining "why" you find it *buttugly*? I am asking just
> out of curiosity, obviously. I am so biased towards wxPython that I
> won't make any comment on this thread in particular, but I am curious
> to know why some people find it "ugly" or "bad" or whatever. It has
> its own bugs and missing features, of course, but it is one of the
> major GUI player in the arena, together with PyQt and PyGTK.

For the curious: Not the look & feel (albeit I prefer KDE on linux over
Gnome, which is a Qt/GTK thing and thus affects wx look & feel as well),
but the code & the designers. I've been spoiled by Qt and Apple
Interface Builder I guess.

But as I said: that's a personal opinion, and I'm well aware of the
limitations of Qt (licensing and costs) and of course IB (OSX only)

Diez