[ANN] Update on Python-based Second Life client library (pyogp)

Lawson English lenglish5 at cox.net
Sat Jun 28 16:51:53 EDT 2008

Pyogp is the Python-based library being developed by Linden Lab, makers
of Second Life, and the programming community of the users of Second
Life under the auspices of the SL Architecture Working Group,  in order
to test and implement open protocols designed to allow anyone to create
their own virtual world servers and clients compatible enough with
Second Life so that avatars can travel to and from SL and other virtual
worlds, keeping identity and inventory intact.

https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Pyogp
irc://irc.freenode.net/#pyogp

Pyogp is starting to take shape. We've got several developers from
Linden Lab contributing code as part of their job, as well as increasing
participation from the SL community.

We've standardized on using ZCA as the component architecture and are
fleshing out the framework to handle the new inter-operability protocols
as well as legacy protocols to allow pyogp clients to be used with the
current Second Life and OpenSim servers as well as future virtual world
architectures.

Groups and Organizations involved in these and other related projects
include:

Linden Lab http://lindenlab.com/
--pyogp https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Pyogp
--Architecture Working Group
https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Architecture_Working_Group
--AW Groupies
https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/AW_Groupies#External_Resources
IBM http://www.ibm.com/virtualworlds/
Cisco http://www.slcn.tv/programs/cisco-techchat
OpenMetaverse http://openmv.org/wiki/Main_Page
--libsecondlife http://www.libsecondlife.org/wiki/Main_Page
OpenSimulator (OpenSim) http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Main_Page
OpenViewer http://openviewer.org/
realXtend http://www.realxtend.org/

Lawson English (Saijanai Kuhn, Second Life)