question relateding to parsing dbf files.

Daniel Mahoney dan at catfolks.net
Wed Jun 18 09:03:04 EDT 2008

On Wed, 18 Jun 2008 18:20:20 +0530, Krishnakant Mane wrote:

> hello all.
> I need to parse some dbf files through python.
> the reason being that I have to migrate some old data from dbf files
> to postgresql.
> all that I need to know is if some one has got a working code sample
> using dbfpy.
> I found this module suitable for my work but can't figure out how to use it.
> else, if there is any other module, please recommend so.
> happy hacking.
> Krishnakant.

It's pretty simple, but there is a small example on dbfpy's Sourceforge
page (http://dbfpy.sourceforge.net/).

Also, it's really the long way around, but ActiveState's cookbook section
has a recipe for reading and writing DBF files in Python without using
dbfpy. It's at
http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Cookbook/Python/Recipe/362715