Learning Python in a group

Jonathan Roberts jonrob at fedoraproject.org
Sun Jun 22 06:43:54 EDT 2008

Hi all,

I'm looking to learn Python (as my first programming language) and I'm
pretty sure I'd be more successful doing this with a group of other
people.

I've currently got one other person to learn with me, and we plan to
work remotely over the net using tools such as IM/VoiP/Gobby/WIkis
etc. We'd still like a few others to work with us, with a group of
about 5 or 6 being seen as ideal. We'd also like to find somebody to
act as a mentor/guide who might be happy to meet with us once every
couple of weeks to help keep us moving in the right direction and find
solutions to problems when we get really stuck!

Wondered if there was anybody here who might be interested in working
with us in either of these roles? We both have differing goals, but
ultimately we'd just like to get more familiar so that we can provide
some simple fixes to packages we maintain/scratch a few itches of our
own. Any one is welcome, no matter what your own aim :)

Would love to hear feedback, especially from anyone who's interested
in working with us...

Best,

Jon