Python for the web

Noorhan Abbas noorhanabbas at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Jun 10 08:16:21 EDT 2008

Hello,
I have developed a python tool that basically does two things:
1. Allow the user to search for a keyword or a group of Keywords in a specailized collection of text files.  This search option is part of a massive custom tree control that was developed using wxpython.
2. The rest of the tree control is in the form of concepts (labels for the concepts) that the user chooses from to get some text displayed as well.

I have been adviced to use AppEngine but do you think that as my application sends a lot of user requests to the server(to ask for some pieces of text to be displayed), using CGI will be too slow? Is there a better way of doing it? If you can advice me on which tools to use to develop my web page that will include a tree structure, I would be very grateful.

Thank you very much in advance,
Nora.