Writing HTML

Ken Starks straton at lampsacos.demon.co.uk
Mon Jun 2 06:11:04 EDT 2008

miller.paul.w at gmail.com wrote:
> I've searched the standard library docs, and, while there are a couple
> options for *reading* HTML from Python, I didn't notice any for
> *writing* it.  Does anyone have any recommendations (particularly ones
> not listed on PyPI)?
>
> Thanks

My approach is usually to write the data-load in XML rather than
directly in HTML, and then use XSLT to produce the (X)HTML.

You can do the whole of this, or just the second part, using
FourSuite.

If the XML, later, needs to be changed, you can use FourSuite
to drill down to somewhere using XPath and change that
particular part.

But none of this is really specific to Python, its the
XML skill-set you really need.